How Tool Works
Following Steps that Shows How this Tool Works
Exchange BKF to PST converter tool can smoothly extract mailbox database from damaged Exchange BKF file and restore its contents into PST file format. This segment aims to provide complete guidelines of this tool and how it works with corrupted BKF file.
- Download and install the converter on any Windows PC. In Programs, find tool. On clicking it, the interface of the tool opens that has an option Load as shown with a red arrow in the figure below.
STEP 3. Preview BKF File data
- After Exchange backup is chosen, the tool scans .bkf file and shows the folders recovered. Then the folders having .edb file should be selected that shows both .edb and .stm file name in right panel of the tool's GUI. The red arrow in the figure below shows the EDB file as well as streaming file.
- Thereafter, Scan EDB File tab should be clicked on so as to scan the Exchange EDB file that forms the primary step for conversion of BKF file to PST format. The Scan tab is located at top left corner of the interface highlighted in red color.
STEP 5: Choose Public or Private Mailbox
- Then the software gives option to chose either Private or Public files of the database. Depending on the requirement either of the two should be selected. Also for highly damaged files an option for Advance Scan is provided. In the figure shown below, option to recover mailboxes is selected. After selection, OK tab should be clicked on for further processing.
STEP 6: Display list of all Mailboxes
- Once OK is clicked on the software lists all the mailboxes present within the EDB file of Exchange Server database. All the displayed mailboxes are highlighted by means of box in red color.
STEP 7: Click on Export to PST
Any of the available user mailboxes can be selected to view the stored data items. Here, in the figure below EDB Test 2 is chosen which shows Inbox, Drafts, Journals and many other items. The recovered items of Inbox are displayed in the right panel of the software window that can be moved into PST format by clicking on the tab Export to PST. The button is located at the top left panel of the window shown in red color..
- After exporting, the tool displays all other mailboxes of EDB file on the left side. The tool provides four options for the mailboxes in the middle of the interface window that are: Add, Select All, Remove and Remove All. Either of the tabs can be selected depending on requirement.
- Once the mailboxes are selected, they are displayed on the right panel of the window. Then the Export tab at the bottom can be selected to convert all the extracted mailboxes into PST file.
STEP 10: Browse the location
- Once Export tab is clicked upon, Browse for Folder comes up on the screen to choose the storage location of the extracted PST files. OK button should be clicked upon to confirm the destination of the converted PST file.
STEP 11: Check Status Report
- The next box shows the status report of the exported mailboxes containing data items in three different tabs that are Pending, In Progress and Completed. In the figure below is shown the final status of the completed export process.
STEP 12: Click OK to Finish
- Finally, the location of the converted and exported PST file is displayed in a small box. The interface provides OK tab to close the program after completion.